We have introduced a new way of booking appointments, called DoctorLink, that enables patients to manage their care needs remotely where appropriate.
What is DoctorLink?
• DoctorLink provides the ability to seek clinically approved medical advice around the clock. This helps to reduce unnecessary surgery appointments, getting patients to the right place for their clinical need. DoctorLink will provide advice on how to best manage your symptoms
• DoctorLink ensures patients' can book an appointment with the surgery should a clinical consultation be recommended
• DoctorLink can be accessed from any laptop, mobile phone or tablet device, 7 days a week from any location
How does it work?
• DoctorLink uses a Symptom Assessment tool to complete triage on patients who access the practice online looking for an urgent or same day appointment. Patients are asked a series of clinical questions based on their concerns/illness.
• The outcomes of the symptom assessment are processed according to the clinical need. If a clinical consultation is recommended the patient can request an appointment slot appropriate to the symptom assessment outcome (e.g. consultation with a nurse practitioner within next 48 hours, same day consultation with a GP).
• The practice will receive a copy of the symptom assessment highlighting the required action needed (e.g. appointment with a GP).
• As DoctorLink is accessible 24/7 it is able to cater for both in and out of hours scenarios directing patients to the most appropriate place of care (pharmacy/dental/GP Service/A&E)
Register now at https://www.doctorlink.com/patients/ or by downloading the Doctorlink app from the App Store or Google play.