Would you like to assist us in shaping the future of Leander Family Practice?
Can you make suggestions on how we can do things better
and compliment us on the things we do well?
What could improve your relationship with the clinicians
within Leander Family Practice?
Are you interested in learning more about chronic diseases?
If you have answered YES to any of the above questions
then why not consider joining our
Patient Participation Group?
As a patient at Leander Family Practice you are automatically a member of its PPG (Patient Participation Group). The PPG is managed by patients to enhance patient welfare and the experience they have when visiting the practice. Its role is to support the practice in delivering the best support it can for patients, and for patients to be involved with evolving changes to make the practice beneficial to all. The PPG is made up of patients interested in health and healthcare issues, we are interested in looking at ways and means of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to all its patients. The PPG works as a first line in looking at new proposals to ensure that these will best suit the practice and patients in delivering the services required.
How does the PPG do that?
To consult and plan with patients, whenever possible, on the facilities and provision of services.
To provide a partnership between practice staff and patients
To provide an opportunity of mutual interest between practice staff and patients
To allow patients to make positive suggestions about the practice
To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients
To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care through the Croydon CCG.
How is the PPG made up?
- There are two parts to the Patient Participation Group:
- Firstly, we have the PPG Committee which is a Working Group and is made up of 10 or 12 patients supported by the Practice Manager and members of the Clinical Staff, as their time allows. The Working Group meets approximately every 8 weeks for a couple of hours to discuss issues and plan forthcoming events. The committee has a "Constitution" and is managed by a Chairman, Secretary.
- Secondly, we want to start a Virtual Group (VG) which is currently being formed. The Virtual Group is made up of patients who don't have the time to attend meetings but who we can contact via email for their views.
Who can be in the PPG?
- The simple answer is anyone who is a patient at Leander Family Practice.
- On the committee, you would need to be able to give a couple of hours every 8 weeks or so for meetings and give support between meetings for tasks in supporting the committee's work.
- If you wanted to be on the Virtual Group, then this is more a case of being available to respond to requests as they are made.
- In either case it isn't time-consuming.
We would like to increase the number of patients involved in the PPG so that it truly represents the diversity of our patients in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, medical need etc. If you feel you would like to become involved then please email the following details to:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Telephone No
- Mobile No
- And say if:
- you would like to be a committee member and attend meetings
- you would like to be in the Virtual Group and be contacted via email on issues
- you would like to be notified via email of any Educational Events and health promotions.
The PPG can be instrumental in communication between the practice and patients, in facilitating patients' comments and ideas on the practice's services and in providing educational support to the patients.